"So Close, Yet So Far Away"
Handy 2008
This was taken for the first assignment called "Handy". I think it was really one of my favorite projects. In this picture it seems as though the real hand is trying to touch the other one but can't. I got this idea because my friend decided to play with the copier machine.
"First Time"
Handy 2008
In this picture, it seems like they are holding hands for the first time. The body language shows a bit of hesitance.
"Waiting"
Handy 2008
"Standing Tall"
Monumental 2008
For this project, we had to make our subjects look monumental. The tree behind her really helps this picture to work.
"Curiosity"
Details 2008
This was a picture taken through paper towel tube. I just saw it lying around at work and started to just play around with it. In this picture, the girl seems curious to see what's on the other side but she feels too far away to really see the other side.
"Red"
Details 2008
I used the same concept as the one above. If you didn't guess already, it's a bouquet of flowers. It's interesting how it is so dark and then you just see bright red at the end of the tunnel.
"Isolation"
Details 2008
I didn't realize that it would come out so dark. This picture gives a very sad and lonely feeling. In the darkness, there is only that one light.
"The Ride Home"
Planes, Trains and Automobiles 2008
I really like this picture but it really scares me. I feel like he knew I was taking pictures of him.
"Texture"
Newark Scavenger Hunt 2008
For this one, I had to show the texture of a building in Newark by using macro.
"The Portrait"
Newark Scavenger Hunt 2008
For this assignment, we had to take a picture of stranger in downtown Newark. I was hesitant to ask people if I could take their picture so I really just asked one person.
"Yield to Pedestrians"
Signs 2008
"One Way"
Signs 2008
"The Aluminum Tunnel"
Self-Motivated 2008
This had the same concept as "Curiosity" and "Red" but this time I used the aluminum foil roll instead. Even though it was the same idea, it is a completely different picture.
"The Eye"
Self-Motivated 2008
Same aluminum as the one above but I pointed it directly at a light bulb. It felt like the light was someone's eye trying to watch you through the tunnel.
2008
This was a room set up with candles. I took a lot of pictures with the light on and tried it with the light off. It shows just darkness and just the light of the candles. It seems like the candles are floating because it's so dark. I also put the EV to -2.0 to make it darker.
Seismic Activity 2008
During spring break, I was at a camp called Lake Champion. It's located in upstate New York. It was a full moon and I tried to take pictures of it. All of them were really blurry except for this one. I really just stood there for a long period of time and kept taking pictures.
"Two Fish"
2008
This was also taken during spring break. I went to the National Aquarium in Baltimore. I didn't realize it was so hard to take pictures of fish. They always move around and come out blurry. For some reason, this one didn't. This wasn't part of an assignment but I really like this picture. I think how the two fish are perpendicular to each other make this picture.
4 comments:
Nice job, I really felt the escape theme in your pictures. A few pictures that stood out was "Curiosity" I really like the concept of how you made the girl feel so far away. I also like the comparison between "The Aluminum Tunnel" and "The Eye", like you said they are two very differnt pictures with the same idea. My favorite was "Full Moon" I tried a countless time to take pictures of the moon, but I usually get nothing or just a white spot. Great job
Hey Coco, I like the way you explain escape. Such as The Ride Home where the two people balance out the empty space between them. It shows a void in the light just as outside the window contrasts so much from everything else. Also the man's empty eyes looking for something like an escape.
i really like your first photo "so close yet so far away". Its a really original idea and i love the contrast between the real hand and the photocopied hand
they all be so purrty.
Post a Comment